Front loading the beginning of the week in anticipation of a long off period over the holiday weekend. 6+ hours of deep, deep sleep. Is it “normal” not to ever remember dreams?
30 minutes to complete the following. Again, the emphasis is on the quality of each rep vs. the overall time of completion. Secondary concern is to pack as much movement as possible into the allotted 30-minute time frame.
- sprint starts (20 meter/40meter/20 meter)
- straight bar muscle-ups x 3
- Deadlifts (over/under grip): 135 x 5; 225 x 5; 315 x 3; 335 x (2, 2, 3, 1) rest-pause
- elevated feet ballistic push-ups x 4
- single-arm DB floor press: 70 x 5; 80 x 5; 90 x 4; 100 x (3, 2, 1 – alternating arms, i.e., 3 left, 3 right…) rest pause
Notice the difference between a deadlift “strength-speed” emphasis and a low-pull “speed-strength” emphasis. Both movements are attempted as fast as possible, but the nature of the overall body position (and grip) of the deadlift allows for only so fast an actual concentric movement. Same with the single-arm DB press.