Bungled around the house this morning and wound up getting to the gym later than I wanted. This workout took about 20 minutes to complete (after a 15 minute or so warm-up). Actually, my warm-ups morph into the meat of my workout, so it’s rather hard to draw a distinct line between the two. Only broke long enough between sets to move from station to station.
- Jump squats from the heels x 3 (initiate from deep in the hole, and jump back i.e., in an exaggerated “clean” motion. No toe-off, drive up and explode off of the heels). CNS prime for the high pulls.
- snatch grip high pulls (bar to chin each rep): 135 x 5, 5; 165 x 5; 175 x 4, 4, 4
- straight bar muscle-ups x 3
- ballistic bodyweight dips x 3 (hands clear of bar, low catch, immediate transition to next rep)
- weighted dips: 45 x 6, 6; 70 x 5; 80 x 5, 5, 5
I’d call the first 2 rounds warm-ups, the 3rd round “transition” and the last 3 rounds true “at weight” rounds. My body doesn’t seem to give a damn, though, what I call them, it just knows it better respond and rebuild before the next “hit” 🙂