How would one “program” the following workout into a trainee’s overall regimen? What the hell would you call such a thing? Other than, “insane”, I suppose.
Here was the evenings happenings:
– a three-mile fixie huck, chock-full of starts, stops and sprints.
– a stop at Epoc Coffee, for a redeye and a wade through email purgatory
– on the road again; 6 miles of starts, stops, sprints. Final destination, Efficient Exercise’s downtown location.
– A mish-mash of Nautilus Pec Dec, Nautilus Pullover, and bodyweight dip work. All zone/JRep training. Completely by “feel”; no loads recorded, no past journal entries consulted and no journal entry made. No real rhyme or reason to what zones I hit in each exercise other than what instinct dictated. All zones were taken to failure, and I pulled the plug when I’d “had enough”. Rep tempos varied; sometimes I repeated the same zone, other times not. Why? Because it felt right.
– a 6-ish mile mad dash down the Juggernaut that is the ATX’s Guadalupe street at 5 PM.
This is what it is to flow, with no regard for definition.