Putting an evolutionary spin on exercise, health, and business
On tap today, a podcast with my good friend, fellow biohacker and entrepreneur, Jason Moore, of Elite HRV.
Check out our discussion, here:
A little background: Jason has been involved in the Paleo f(x) community since its inception. He also was an Efficient Exercise trainer (and an excellent one at that!) for a spell, and is quite fond of our ARXFit equipment.
A breakdown of the topics we discuss:
- 4:20 – Taking control over your own health and financial situation. For more on thinking like an entrepreneur, even if you aren’t actually (or never intend to be) your own boss, see this post.
- 6:40 – On taking risk. Life is lived on the fringes.
- 11:00 – An evolutionary take on the pursuit of entrepreneurship, health, nutrition, and high performance
- 13:30 – How science often misses the big picture, and why that’s bad
- 17:00 – Biohacking and the paleo lifestyle: How do they co-exist?
- 19:00 – Obligate movers, opportunistic eaters. What can we learn from hunter-gatherers? And for one example of forcing “obligate movement” in your day-to-day, you could, like me, just get rid of your car.
- 22:00 – What it feels like to be 137 years old – ask Wolverine
- 22:30 – Wave and weave: The new and simple paradigm in exercise programming for health
- 23:00 – Should you HIIT or should you do endurance for better health?
- 28:30 – ARX Fit: How a simple machine can revolutionize your fitness in minimal time
- 33:00 – Strength vs strength endurance: Different people are wired differently
- 34:00 – Training with an injury: How to recover faster with ARX Fit
- 36:00 – How smart quantification can safely increase your strength and power output
- 41:00 – Concentric vs eccentric exercise: Which to use when?
- 42:00 – The difference between training for health and training for competition
- 43:00 – Is training periodization good for long-term health? Maybe not. Check out this post on periodization vs autoregulation.
- 45:00 – How “variety” can maximize your gains for exercise, economics, and movie box office sales
- 48:50 – Human adaptability: Leverage it to your advantage to increase fitness in less time
- 50:30 – Quantification: An important tool for the modern lifestyle
- 52:40 – Via negativa: If you shouldn’t be pounding the same modality, what should you be doing?
- 54:00 – Does self-quantification conflict with a more “natural” lifestyle? Pros and cons
- 58:30 – Health goals? Don’t tackle 10,000 things at once. Stairstep. What’s your “why”?
Heal thyself, harden thyself, change the world ~